Tariffs and Charges
83. Tariffs and charges for supply of electricity shall be determined by the licensee with the approval of the commission under Section 26 of the act. Such tariff, tariffs or charges shall take effect only after seven days from the date of publication in at least two daily newspapers having circulation in the area of supply. The charges may include :-
(a) Minimum monthly charges.
(b) Demand charges.
(c) Energy charges, and
(d) Other charges.
Minimum Monthly Charge :
84. Every consumer, during continuance of agreement under Regulation 15, shall be liable to pay minimum monthly charges even if no electricity is consumed for any reason whatsoever or supply has been disconnected due to default of the consumer.
Demand Charges :
85. (1) Monthly demand charges shall be payable by the consumer on the basis of Maximum demand and contract demand as determined in the tariff notification. In case maximum demand meter is not provided or the meter has become defective, the monthly demand charges shall be payable on the basis of contract demand as determined in the tariff notification.
(2) Such monthly demand charges shall be payable during the continuance of the agreement under Regulation 15 even if no electricity is consumed for any reason whatsoever or supply has been disconnected due to default of consumer.
(3) During statutory power cuts and power restrictions imposed by the licensee, if the restriction on demand is imposed for a period exceeding sixty hours in a month. The monthly demand charges shall be prorated in accordance with the period and quantum of demand restrictions imposed. In all other cases the consumer shall be liable to pay the full demand charges.
Energy Charges :
86. Energy charges as prescribed in the licensee’s tariff shall be payable by the consumer on the basis of actual consumption of the energy.
Other Charges :
87. The licensee may levy other charges including customer charges, connection charges, reconnection charges, delay payment surcharge, fuel surcharge, and power purchase surcharge and power factor penalty as approved by the commission from time to time.
Statutory Levis :
88. Statutory levis such as electricity duty shall be payable by the consumer on demand.