The Southern Electricity Supply Company Of Odisha Limited (SOUTHCO) was incorporated on 19-11-1997 under the Companies Act,1956 as a Public Limited Company. The Company started functioning with effect from 26-11-1998, under the distribution and retail supply license of GRIDCO, after notification in the official gazette by the Govt. of Odisha. SOUTHCO received the Distribution and Retail Supply license from Odisha Electricity Regulatory Commission (OERC) for distribution and retail supply of electricity in the Southern Odisha, consisting of districts of Ganjam, Gajapati, Rayagada, Koraput, Phulabani, Kandhamal, Nawrangpur, Malkangiri, and Puri (some parts) with effect from 01-04-1999. By virtue of Power Sector reform in Odisha, SOUTHCO became a subsidiary of BSES Limited, Mumbai on 1st April, 1999 by acquisition of 51% of the shareholding of the Company by BSES Limited. The Company has authorised and paid up capital of Rs.37.66 crores.
At present, SOUTHCO operates in the geographical area covering 47,000 sq. kms. and provides electricity to about four lakhs consumers in its licensed area.
SOUTHCO is committed to transform itself into a successful and efficient electric supply company, responsive to the needs and expectations of consumers and interests of all stakeholders. Through teamwork and innovations, SOUTHCO shall ensure.
Development of an efficient and reliable electricity supply network which meets the requirement of diverse group of consumers.
Development of the Company as a learning organisation which consider customer satisfaction as main purpose of business.
Streamlining of the billing system, revenue collection and other value added services for consumers.
Strengthening of safety, loss reduction activities & promoting environment protection.
|Pay your Bill Online||New Connection|